Digital Engineering & Analysis
Exo provides state-of-the-art modeling and simulation tools, analysis expertise, and training support for national security space programs
Our solutions are trusted by the national security space community
Our team of experts has a deep understanding of the space and terrestrial warfighting domains. We specialize in the development and application of state-of-the-art modeling, simulation and analysis tools that support national security space system programs with force design, systems engineering and integration, technology development, system acquisition, system test, and system operations.
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Wargames and exercises
- Concept evaluation
- Architecture analysis
- Test and experimentation
- Operations planning
Mission Planning. Reimagined.
The Simulation in Python for Space Entities (SPySE) is an agile, collaborative, and open framework for analysis. The SPySE framework can rapidly adapt to changing requirements, address unanticipated questions, generate data visualizations as needed, integrated external data sources and tools, and enable in-house modifications and development. SPySE leverages open source community software and tools, and enables community contributions. The framework supports classified plugins and portions are maintained by the US Government at different security classification levels.
SPySE is primarily used for space mission planning, ops training, and wargaming. As a constructive modeling and simulation tool, it enables quick-turn analysis for offensive and defensive space control questions. Orbital engagement maneuvers can easily be modeled, tested, and assessed to determine the best Courses of Action (CoAs) against known or postulated threats. The 3D visualization capabilities allow a deep understanding of the complex geometries and constraints of a space engagement. The advanced features of SPySE make it a unique and powerful tool.
- Entity-component model
- Discrete time step execution
- Simulation editor and configuration tool
- Component reloading at run-time
- 3D visualization
- Cross platform
All domain operations. Theater-level scale.
SEAS offers a powerful agent-based modeling environment that allows the analyst to simulate the complex, adaptive interactions of opposing military forces in a physics-based battlespace. Agents (units and platforms) execute programmable behavioral and decision-making rules based on battlespace perception. The interaction of the agents with each other and their environment results in warfighting outcomes, enabling military utililty assessments.
The programmable and constructive nature of SEAS allows the analyst to create models with varying degrees of fidelity, resolution, sophistication, and complexity. While SEAS is typically used for scenario-based military operations research involving aircraft, satellites, ground vehicles, communications systems, weapons and sensors, its flexibility enables it to be used to analyze a broad range of complex adaptive systems, not just military scenarios.
- Agent-based modeling framework
- Integrated development environment
- Space, air, land, sea domains
- Programmable agent behaviors
- Physics-based battlespace
- AFNIC certified
Data Visualization. Analysis Services. Integrated.
We developed an application kit for rapid tool development, designed to be flexible across a wide variety of deployment platforms, data environments, and user requirements. The CAE9 web application engine enables hybrid 2d/3d common operating pictures, wargames, dynamic presentations, embedded visualizations, and more. Information design, data visualization, and fusion/integration layers are key objectives of the engine’s core use-cases. The CAE9 engine is a powerful and unique capability that provides the following three things:
1) An agile environment that can be rapidly extended to capture new analysis services and data sources, including transparent and flexible builds to a large variety of user platforms and devices
2) A high-quality visualization environment for hardware-accelerated graphics used to display and interact with a wide variety of data sources and types
3) Real-time data visualization and information design; CAE9 is intended as the integration target for analysis services, not a replacement.
- Lightweight core engine rooted in proven open-source technologies
- Collaborative, network-enabled integration of data pipelines
- Adaptable deployment options
- Advanced hardware-accelerated graphics for WebGL enabled 3D applications
- Flexible and reusuable entities across applications, including 3D object models; data services; interface components and controls; and interchangeable physics models across all domains
- Support for scripted scenarios, sim-over-live, event/alert messaging and integration with domain-specific, high-fidelity modeling and simulation tools